Woodlore Shutters are manufactured from Customcraft – a man-made product that is a combination of timber fibre and glue. It is very stable and does not warp when used in low-moisture conditions. Customcraft is used worldwide in the construction of furniture, and lends itself very well to the manufacture of shutters. It is pressed to create a high-density product – and in conjunction with a polypropylene coating, it has a smooth, even finish.
Woodlore Shutters are the perfect choice for the budget-conscious customer.
- Colour: Customcraft in its raw state is a mid-brown colour, with no grain pattern or direction. It has no natural aesthetic appeal in this state, and is therefore only supplied in a paint finish.
- Colour Fastness: As Customcraft is painted, it is not subject to colour change.
- Hardness: As this product has a high density, it is extremely hardy and durable and will take a knock extremely well. Due to its density it is also quite a heavy product.
- Warping: Due to its dimensional stability and lack of grain, it is not subject to warping when kept within limitations.
- Moisture Resistance: Customcraft in its raw state has low resistance to moisture; however a high quality finish is applied to ensure it is not affected by moisture. This product is not recommended for use in a high moisture environment such as a bathroom.