TIPS THAT WILL GUIDE WHEN LOOKING FOR QUALITY WOODEN SHUTTERS ONLINE Do you know that…
There’s nothing worse than unclean windows when you’ve got new shutters installed. If you want beautiful windows to go with your plantation shutters we have a few tips to help you.
Cleaning Tips For Having Beautiful Windows
First, you will need the following equipment.
- Bucket – Wide enough for a mop and squeegee,
- Squeegee – This is one of the most crucial tools so if you want beautiful windows, make sure it is a good one!
- Window Mop (Also called washer and wand) – This hsould have a t-bar and a sleeve. You can detach the sleeve and wash it in the washing machine when it gets dirty.
- Scraper – Useful for those tough marks.
- Detergent – There’s no need to spend a lot of money on window cleaning detergents. You will find some of your usual dishwashing liquids will do the trick just fine.
- Rags – This can be an old towel however, you will want to make sure all the lint and fluff has worn away.
- Poles & Ladders – May be necessary for the windows up in high places that you cannot reach.
- Tool belt with side bucket – Depend on the windows that you are cleaning you may wish to have this option as well.
Once you have all the equipment ready, it is time to start cleaning.
1. Fill the bucket to be about half full with cold water and put a few squirts of detergent in. We suggest using cold water as hot water evaporates too quickly. If you prefer, you can apply the detergent onto the wet mop.
2. Wipe the mope over the window un til all the dirt is lifted. If you see any stubborn marks, use your scrapper to remove these. Only use the scrapper in a forward action. If you scrape forwards and backwards you may drag the dirt across the class and cause scratches.
3. Get your squegee ready. Starting in the top left corner, snake your way down the window making sure you go right to the edges. With practice, you should be able to do thisw with no water marks left in the middle of the window. You will need to try and keep a constant pressure the entire time you snake the squeegee down. This becomes easier the more you do it and you will work out how much pressure is needed.
4. The next step in having beautiful windows is wiping the edges. Make sure your cloth is dry and wipe up any water spilt onto the window sill and floor.
5. If you find more marks that have not come off, you can attempt to get them off with a clean part of your cloth or reclean the window with your mop.
6. Do this on both sides of your windows and you are done. You have beautiful windows!
If you don’t already own shutters, but would like to add that extra class or beauty to your windows, contact us at My Shutters Online!
Article by Heidi Cridland