DIY Plantation shutters add elegance to any environment, despite the fact that they have been around for years and could be considered an old fashioned design. It doesn’t matter how long these plantation shutters have been around, they have stood the test of time and can still be found in many modern homes. When good quality plantation shutters are bought, many will often find these are more expensive which is one of the reasons why we at My Shutters Online have DIY plantation shutters, allowing you to install them yourself and save money on installation costs. So, what are the benefits of installing DIY plantation shutters in your home?
Installing DIY Plantation Shutters
- Our DIY Plantation shutters are very durable. When you look after them and keep them well maintained they will last many years. The only real danger to any damage occuring to your shutters is in a home with young children that like to play around alot. Rough play can often result in broken slates however, replacing these slats shouldn’t be too difficult.
- Another of the benefits of installing our DIY plantation shutters is that the maintenance work required is actually extremely simple. Most of the time it’s just a simple dusting along with the wiping away of any stains or dust that have made home on the slats. If you want to keep them looking like new you may want to give your DIY plantation shutters a touch up of paint every few years or so, however, this is not absolutely necessary.
- The plantation shutters at My Shutters Online are great to help ensure your home is energy efficient. If you have measured correctly before purchasing and installing your DIY plantation shutters, they ensure full coverage of the window space. This means that there is little escape of warm air on the cold winter days and in the hot weather, it can keep the warm sun out and allows the air conditioner to work more efficiently. Not only does this help us increase the energy efficiency of our home, it also makes it a more comfortable environment and decreases utility bills.
- Plantation shutters allow you to easily control how much light you allow into a home, letting you set the mood and atmosphere in your home through your own windows.
- One other benefit of installing DIY plantation shutters is the increase in home value. Plantation shutters look elegant and will often encourage a buyer who may be interested in purchasing your property. With the great number of design choices and the range of DIY plantation shutters available, there is sure to be a style that suits your home.
- Lastly, as we have stated before, DIY plantation shutters allow you to save money on installation costs. Not only do you get the beautiful finished look of the plantation shutters, but you can then use the money you saved on furnishings or other decorations to make your home even more comforatable or homely.
If you would like to find out more information on our DIY Plantation shutters, contact us today at My Shutters Online.
Blog by Heidi Cridland
Read our other blogs about Plantation Shutters: Plantation Shutters Blogs